Visiting Motueka gives you so many options of activities you can engage in. Your preference and how willing you are to explore will determine the kind of pursuits you can participate in.
Activities in Motueka
- Go to the Sunday market: The locals in Motueka always go to their main market every Sunday. You can join them to experience the thrill of seeing the farmers market, looking at the beautifully handcrafted clothes, and generally learning about the culture.
- Try out skydiving: If you have the spirit of adventure, you should add skydiving at the Skydive Abel Tasman as a must-try activity. You will get a rare view of the islands, the sparkling waters, the forest and sunny beaches that make Motueka so beautiful.
- Dive in for a swim: On a warm summer’s day, you can go to the Motueka beach and swim. It is refreshing and an excellent form of exercise, especially after a long day.
- Check the town centre: When in Motueka, you should never forget to visit the town centre. It is a melting pot of all cultures. Going into one of the cafes in the town centre and watching people as they interact is one of the ways you can spend time.
- Visit the Riwaka River: Also known as the Riwaka resurgence, this is a place of beauty where you can go and watch nature in all its beautiful forms. The flowing river provides a beautiful scene where you can take photos and do some self-reflection.
- Take a trip to the national park: If you love nature and you want to find a place where you can walk and socialise with other people, you should put the national park in your schedule. There are many activities you can do at the park, including taking a hike, riding bicycles, or even learning about nature.